Library and Media Directors’ Council
Spring 2009

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Attending all or some part of the meeting: Ahniwa Ferrari, WSL; Andrew Hersh-Tudor, Wenatchee; Cable Green, SBCTC; Carmen Robinson, Lower Columbia; Charlie Crawford, Pierce; Darcy Dauble, Walla Walla; Deb Gilchrist, Pierce; Donna Campbell, Columbia Basin; Edward Sargent, Lake Washington; Eric Palo, Renton; Jane Blume, Bellingham; Jeanne Leader, Everett; Joan Weber, Yakima; Laura Brener, IC, Lower Columbia; Linda Lambert, Whatcom; Lynn Kanne, LSTA Grant, Seattle Central; Margret Mills, Skagit; Mary Ann Goodwin, Spokane Falls; Mary Carr, Spokane; Michelle Bagley, Clark; Monica Luce, Highline; Paula Doherty, Peninsula; Rand Simmons, WSL; Sharon Simes, North Seattle; Stan Horton, Grays Harbor; Sue Schub, Bates; Tim Fuhrman, Big Bend; Tom Moran, Shoreline; Wai-Fong Lee, Seattle Central .

Myra welcomed us and gave a quick rundown of the agenda. One item is added to the agenda, Deb Gilchrist talking about accreditation.

Minutes, Jennifer Dysart. The minutes for the last meeting were sent out today, April 23. Please read and send modifications to Jennifer. We will approve them in the Summer meeting.

Instruction Commission, Laura Brener. The last IC meeting was in February.
Transfer Committee: They are reconsidering the Biology MRP (Major Ready Pathway). Prompted by concern by the biology instructors, they are changing the language to enable the classes to more easily transfer.

Common Course Numbering (CCN): The Articulation and Transfer Council (ATC) continues to work on CCN issues. The state board task force has dissolved themselves and re-assigned issues to the ATC. Many ATC members have stepped up to be lead people on particular disciplines.

The Workforce Education Council: The council reports that they have several projects underway. One involves researching coding and how to improve coding.

Math Transitions Project: Had a retreat, which is still going on today (April 23).

eLearning Report: Their big news is the WAOL (Washington Online) fee reduction. Rather than a fee for each course, they pay a flat rate. This will be interesting to see if the colleges change their fee structures.

Technology Committee: The committee talked about the new fee, the migration to Angel, and Elluminate.

FYI, this IC meeting was held both live and through Elluminate. I was participating through Elluminate, and it’s problematic when you do it both ways. Those live broke into groups, while the remote folks, about 1/2 of the participants, were left out of those conversations.

State Board Report by Jan Yoshiwara: She talked about the mission studies task force from the beginning of the academic year. Its charge was to identify how well our system is serving WA state and identify future need. They were particularly interested in changing demographics.

Myra: was there any talk about the budget or budget directions? Laura: there was a little bit of discussion, no direction. Jan gave a report on what we knew at the time. Remember that it was several months ago, and we know more now than we knew then. The presidents were curious on how the colleges were positioning themselves and preparing for various cuts. Very few VPs reported anything of substance.

Myra: there was a proposal going to the Gates Foundation. Can you tell us anything about that? Laura: there was a little discussion. I don’t know the progress on that, and the details are still fuzzy. Cable’s interest is in developing open-source resources. They are exploring with the Gates Foundation the creation of courses that are completely packaged online, completely available to any institution for their own use. I haven’t heard anything about it in the last several months, so it would be interesting to hear from Cable.

Treasurer’s Report, Mary Carr. We’ve received several deposits and had no expenditures. The balance stands at $6977.17, with 3 outstanding payments. I hope to have those paid so that the account is complete when handed off to the next person serving as treasurer.
When we meet via Elluminate, we don’t have the expenses that we have when we meet in person. We also had raised the dues last year to $75; I assume that we’ll continue to use the same rate.

QuestionPoint update, Ahniwa Ferrari. Most CTCs are up and running with QuestionPoint. There are a handful who haven’t had any activity yet.

Statistics: in the last 3 months, we’ve had 1200 chat sessions with WA CTC patrons (questions asked by our students). CTC librarians have answered about 1100 questions in chat. 250 questions have come in through email. As another access point, we’ve been working on a state-wide portal in conjunction with the secretary of state’s office communication team.

We’re also working on new logos and promotional materials. There will be press releases and other materials available in the next month or two to help people promote the service. Those will include press release templates you can use with local papers or campus papers.

Myra: what’s the summer schedule like? Do we maintain the same number of hours, and when do we change the schedule? Ahniwa: if your activity lessens, then you can decrease coverage hours. You can also move the hours to times when the library is open. If libraries are closed for intercession hours, just let me (Ahniwa) know. You don’t have to make up missed hours when libraries are closed. Myra: is there a deadline for schedule changes? Ahniwa: I send out schedules monthly. It would be best if you can let us know a week or two early.

State Library, Rand Simmons. We’re waiting for the legislative budget just like most of you. We don’t know what our cut will be. Jan announced at WLA that it could be as deep as 33%. We are concerned about keeping the matching state funds in our budget to keep the federal money coming in. Jan asked me to thank CTC librarians were very active in contacting legislators, and we understand that your lobbyist did work on our behalf also. Thank you very much.

We’ve had a successful transition of the administration of WTBBL (Washington Talking Book and Braille Library) to WSL on June 30. Ahniwa just gave a report on virtual reference. Chat reference is becoming widespread throughout the state, and we expect an expansion of Spanish language support.

We’ve been doing a lot of work on following the stimulus funding and the Hard Times program. We’re focusing on un-mined resources for library patrons and staff. Ahniwa is working on a Hard Times resource portal. In good times, it will be expanded to include other things.

We’re working on developing a grant cycle right now. Within a couple of weeks we’ll see grant opportunities for libraries dealing with an influx of people due to hard times. They will be mostly center around people who are looking to learn about finding and applying for jobs online, basic computer skills, writing resumes, retooling for new careers, and those kinds of things.

Wayfinder is available on It brings together in one box 17.8 million items held by over 250 WA libraries of all types. The searchbox widget is available for embedding on websites anywhere.

Our NDNP (national digital newspaper project) grant, an NEH grant, is up and running. By the time it’s finished, we will have 100,000 newspapers available online both here and through the Library of Congress. Myra: does that include the Seattle Times? Rand: I don’t believe so. I think they are concentrating on smaller, earlier papers.

Library Council, Tim Fuhrman. We met March 24 in Tumwater. I’m quickly becoming an old-timer because there are so many new people. They are doing a lot of shifting of funds to make sure that they are keeping within the LSTA requirements.

Hard Times Project: Rand talked about this and I’ve sent out materials, but I haven’t seen any of us participating unless they’re working directly with Jeff. It’s a great project because it does just what we do, helping people find jobs, especially those who’ve recently lost positions or things like that. There’s a lot that we could add to that conversation. I did make a motion to reallocate additional funds to help pay for the Hard Times Project. We’re going to shift some money around and make it a priority.

Group Services: I am the new IC rep to the Group Services/Wayfinder subcommittee.

WTTBL: WTTBL (Washington Talking Book and Braille Library) was nominated for a national
library service library of the year award. We met there 2 meetings ago, and they do fabulous work there.

Library Council Meeting: The next Library Council meeting is at Big Bend in May.
Rand: We have been working with the public libraries who are gearing up to apply for the federal broadband stimulus money. Has there been talk at the CTCs to access the 2 million set aside to build public computing centers? Mike Scroggins support our testimony on behalf of public libraries at a hearing on broadband, but he thought there would be too many issues for us to try to go for broadband money. Mary’s response: Mary is one of 2 community college folks on the ALA’s board. They’ve been trying to work on ways that we can access the stimulus money, such as broaden access to the broadband money. AACC, ACRL, and ALA reps are meeting on legislative days to try to expand the understanding of how CTCs work and broaden access to that money. Rand: there are 2 pots of broadband money and 2 agencies administering it, and they haven’t yet brought out their criteria. There’s also the money for infrastructure. Mary: They don’t understand how our internet access works on our campus. We put together a proposal that would give us some money for staffing, as some of us are reducing hours while we have increased demand. Rand: we need to watch for the guidelines which will be released in June. We hope that they will allow for the applications that Mary’s talking about.

Myra: Cable, do you know anything about stimulus money for CTC libraries? Cable: we need Mike Scroggins’ input on this one. He just testified at DIS on how to use that money. One question is how to beef up resources in computer upgrades to library sites, connecting libraries who don’t have high-speed, to rural areas who don’t have access to that kind of bandwidth. I would be more than happy to set up an Elluminate meeting with Mike and LMDC. Mary: Everything I’ve seen from Mike so far is more about rural public libraries, and nothing particular for CTCs. Cable: that’s consistent with what I’ve seen. We’re all connected through K-20. Myra: we’d like to connect with him later.

CLAMS, Myra Van Vactor for Jonathan. The conference is on May 14-15 at Shoreline Community College. Cable will be the main speaker talking about electronic learning alternatives. They’ll also be talking about Angel learning object repositories and showcase some libraries online learning activities.

They are interested in knowing LMDC’s views on CLAMS and their place in our strategic plan. We’ll have to get back to Jonathan on that. Also how they can use the CLAMS conference to figure out how they work with LMDC.

Report from the State Board, Cable Green.
Budget: House and Senate reached consensus last night. We should have analysis and final numbers by next week, if not sooner. We should know the gross and net cuts then. SBCTC will be taking the same gross cut as the colleges. (The net cut is after tuition increases.) They are settling in on 7% per year as a tuition increase, but that has not been finalized. The net cut will likely be between 7 and 15%. As soon I have analysis info, I will send it immediately to LMDC.

State library budget: Have you talked about that? Myra: Rand said something about it, but no numbers. Cable: Rand reached out to LMDC and gave us a heads up that there were significant cuts in the House budget which would have negative effects to the state library, which would affect CTC libraries.

Angel and WAOL: We are turning off Blackboard at the end of June. Most people have moved over, but there are still a few faculty at a few colleges still on Blackboard. It was a fairly smooth transition, with a few bumps along the way which have been smoothed out.

Cable shared a spreadsheet of which colleges are moving to WAOL. Most colleges are on Angel, most are moving to WAOL to take advantage of cost savings. Colleges on Angel can lift and shift to WAOL literally in the middle of the night. If they didn’t tell anyone that they moved, then no one would know. If funding is approved and the conversation takes place between 2-year and 4-year colleges about sharing technology, these colleges are well positioned to transition.

Elluminate meetings: FYI, Every Monday there is an Elluminate meeting and the library directors are more than welcome to join those. WAOL advisory group meets every other Monday to talk about WAOL, Angel, and Elluminate big moves; business rules around them; professional development activities we can share; what needs to be fixed; and other in-the-trenches decisions. It’s mostly eLearning directors and some IT directors, but the library directors are more than welcome to join the meetings.

The Angel administrators group meet on the other Mondays. They talk about configurations, integrations, etc. Let Cable know if you’d like to join and and he will get us the links. They’d love to have library participation.

Mission study task force: It’s not just this task force; there’s also a system design study and the presidents are starting to talk about this as well. The gist is: how should our system be configured for the 21st century. Do we have the right number of colleges in the right places? Do we have the right degree programs? Are we using technology in the way we should? What are the disruptive innovations and models emerging on the web that might be competitors, and how do we respond to those? The presidents want to look at other issues. Why are we still on the agrarian calendar with school 9 months of the year? Let’s look at tenure and all sorts of things. What about our structures are working well, and what’s not working well? Those 3 conversations are taking place in different venues, but they are talking to each other. They are in conversation mode at this time. FYI, the Mission Study Task Force materials are linked off the SBCTC home page right at the bottom. There’s good info about findings to date and major trends, both demographic and otherwise. It’s worth taking a look at.

Gates Foundation: All 4 proposals have been approved through phase one of their process and invited to do full proposals for their final phase. The proposals are: the student achievement initiative and further funding of that; taking I-Best into new areas that it hasn’t been before; math and math transitions, including faculty professional development; and course redesign with open educational resources.

Cable’s been leading the redesign project. The idea is to take the 25 of our highest enrollment courses with lower-than-average completion rates that also have a disproportionate number of low-income students. We will put together teams of faculty, librarians, educational designers, graphic artists, to redesign the courses. The money would flow to them to redesign the courses. It would incorporate open-source materials. The goal is to improve the completion rates for these courses. There’s a research phase and a redesign phase. One of the outcomes is remove the textbooks from all 25 courses and use library resources, online resources, and perhaps open source textbooks.

Jeanne: Please restate what 25 courses those were. Can we get a copy of the brief proposal given to Gates so that we can start explaining this to our faculty?

Cable: I have the list of 25 courses (he displayed the document). Gates pinned us down; they wanted a particular set of courses. They are gatekeeper courses in educational pathways with high enrollment, a high percentage of low income students, and low pass rates. Not only will they be digital, but they will have creative commons licensing so that faculty can pull out and use pieces in their own courses. They will be released to the world. The proposal is still in draft format; it will be formalized in 3 more weeks or so.

Sloan-C College Pass. The Sloan-C college has high quality 2-week online professional development courses for faculty. We have had 4-5 seats in the past for each college and they’ve been very popular. We doubled the number of seats available.

House Bills 1025 and 1946 will likely be signed by the governor. HB1025 is the textbook information bill. It will be trumped by the Federal bill in 2010. Colleges and college bookstores must provide basic information, including ISBNs, four weeks before the course starts. The federal bill is much stricter in the kinds of information that must be provided.

HB1946 is about having a higher ed-wide technology transformation task force including CTCs and all the public universities. It passed both houses and went to the governor. It has a 250K fiscal note for the technology audit that the bill would call for. That null-and-void clause would kill it if it doesn’t get money.

Links for the bills: HB1946

Charlie: Just a comment for Cable. Cable spoke at our professional development day, and I have heard nothing but raves. Thanks for coming to our campus. Cable: It was recorded, and Charlie can share that on the LMDC listserv.

From the listserv:
Morning Session, “The Future of Technology in Community Colleges: Perpetual Beta” -
Afternoon Session, “Developing a Culture of Sharing and Receiving: Open Source Textbooks and Learning Objects” -

Digital Resources Legislative Request: Rep Reuven Carlyle in the House is our ally on this. Reuven reached out while the House was putting together their budget. He asked the HEC board, state board, and council of presidents what their technology priorities were. We got together in a room and had a good conversation. Everyone had different priorities. The group #1 priority is K-20. The HEC board’s priority is online advising. Rest of list is our system list, things that could be used by large groups of people. Libraries are #3 on the list. I asked (Reuven asked) if we can’t have the money, what do we want. We talked about that at last LMDC. Reuven took the list forward that we produced. In the end, the budget was so tight that most didn’t get in. He did ask for 2.2 million around online learning and the redesign to match the Gates Foundation money. It has some traction in the House, but the Senate has not included it in their budget, so the odds of it being in the budget is low. The library ask did not make it into either House or Senate budget. We will try again in supplemental session. We do have the ear of Reuven and the House higher ed.

An aside: there was a suggestion that directors send pictures so that we can put pictures up when people are talking.

LSTA Grant Update, Lynn Kanne. **** We are continuing on this year, though if State Library funds are cut that could affect our ability to receive LSTA grant. Another steering committee member has joined, Katy Dichter from GRCC, along with Myra, Wai-Fong, Paula, and Deb Gilchrist.

We had a great workshop hosted at Bellevue CC on February 27. 65 people attended, including librarians and faculty they brought with them, to get started on authentic assessment.

In spring 2009, the grant had 20 authentic assessment proposals, which are compiled on the wiki. They are mostly collaborative between faculty and librarians to develop rubrics, present instruction, and evaluate that instruction. Some compare classes with information literacy instruction with classes without. Some groups have done faculty workshops. They were able to ask for up to $2500. We just put out a call for additional request up to $1000 because the funding was available. Projects can go through the summer, but projects and reports must be absolutely done by July 31.

Research team. The members have all been confirmed (except for Kim Nakano). Paula Doherty, Jon Kerr, Mindy Coslor, Deb Gilchrist, Eric Palo, Jason Clizer (Basic Skills and Transitional Studies coordinator at Columbia Basin), Maureen Pettitt (director of institutional research at Skagit Valley), Cherisa Yarkin (institutional researcher at Seattle Central), Barbara Oldham (librarian at Wenatchee Valley), Deborah Moore (librarian at Highline), Quill West (librarian at Walla Walla), Esther Sunde (librarian at South Seattle), Elinor Appel (librarian at North Seattle), and Amy Herman, (librarian at Olympic).

If there are others who would like to be on this team, still accepting names. Will be setting up a date for the research team to meet. The original date at the beginning of May had a conflict.

Grant timeline:
· a spring meeting of the research team will be set
· summer workshop that will include some work on continuing assessment activities, but will focus on serving basic skills and developmental education. Also look at resource-based learning.
· the year 2009-2010 will focus on working with basic skills and developmental education.
They will work on carrying out the recommendations from the research team.
· year 2010-2011, deepening the basic skills and developmental education work, assessing the work that’s done, and work on the rising junior document.

Myra: Lynn has been working hard on schedules and getting people to participate. The idea is for all CTCs in the state to take advantage of the grant. It’s hard to know where federal funds will be going in the future, and we should make the most of what we have now. Thank you Lynn, Paula, and Deb for guidance, suggestions. Deb, is there anything you’d like to add to what Lynn said? Deb: thank Lynn for all of her work. As the priorities of our colleges shift, how can we look to the grant to be proactive, thinking ahead on how we can solve some of the problems.

Lynn: I wanted to add that Paula has also really stepped up to take on the research team part of the grant; Deb has been leading but is very busy, so thank you to Paula too.

Darcy: I was listening to Cable talking about the digital resources, which had been our priority (and which isn’t going to go) and that now we have the opportunity to be involved in the course redesign. This participation may be our highest priority now, to use the expertise that librarians have to fill the gaps in the redesign process.

Myra: Lynn, is there anything that you need from the library directors or from specific libraries? Lynn: people have been very responsive with their proposals. Look out for announcements for the summer workshop. It looks like it will be in July, and a date will be announced soon. I’m excited about the research team. We have such a wonderful group of people, librarians, library directors, researchers and basic skills folks. We’ll be getting that group together very soon. We will take feedback.

eLearning Council, Myra for Sue Gallaway. From Sue’s email: 1. Michelle Bagley will give an update on IRIS. 2. There is an eLearning Council goal to assist with the integration of QuestionPoint into Angel. CLAMS will discuss it at their conference. 3. Sue would like to get onto the table a discussion about open educational resources, journals, textbooks, etc. Myra: LMDC needs to take on this topic soon, maybe at the Summer meeting. We can easily spend a couple of hours on the topic. We need to come up with working groups; I won’t be moderating, so that is my suggestion.

Michelle Bagley, IRIS. Kitty says that downloadable IRIS is almost ready for release. They are testing the instruction sections and waiting for a few last-minute image permissions. Once it’s all ready, she’ll offer a couple of Elluminate sessions on how to download and implement. On our campus, we’re integrating into a couple of classes, and our IT specialist just completed a separate plagiarism quiz to go with it to accommodate instructors who just wanted their students to go through that section.

I’m working with Sue and eLearning to integrate IRIS into the online classes. We have a deadline of April 1st to roll out a packet on how online classes might integrate IRIS into learning activities.

Cable: [for eLearning] Sue is leading: In collaboration with LMDC:
  • Pilot and assess IRIS project IRISProjectReport.doc
  • Explore the building of content repositories for library resources
  • Work with Angel to add participatory & social networking features to Angel's repository (e.g., tagging, social networking, reputation)
  • Research how other institutions are incorporating library services into online classes
  • Promote and integrate 24/7 virtual reference librarian IM

Re-arrangement of the agenda order.

Nominating Committee, Jane Blume. Nominations for 2009-2010: Deb Gilchrist, chair. Lauri Kram, vice chair. Jennifer Dysart, secretary. Sue Gallaway, treasurer. Tim moved to accept, Tom seconded. Unanimous by those in attendance (Carmen, Edward, Jane abstain.) Lauri, Sharon, and Jane, thanks for being on the nominating committee. Big thanks to Mary for being treasurer for over 5 years.

Myra: I would like to suggest that we meet in person in the summer. Cable, will the travel ban be on in the summer still? Cable: my gut feeling is that they will make the cut and say, “live within your cut.” The limits will loosen because the ban will go away. I can only speak about what have heard at the State Board. We’ve said that at SBCTC, it’s important to travel to the colleges to be effective. My sense is that travel will open up more. This next year, eLearning will meet twice face-to-face and twice by Elluminate.

Myra: who would like to host? Charlie, Joan, and Tim are all willing to host. Deb suggested Bellingham. Quick vote, Bellingham gets 15 votes, Yakima, 6. We are going to Bellingham. Suggestions for the date? It will be mid-week in the week of Aug 5, 6, 7—Deb will finalize and get back to everyone with a firm date.

Mary: I would like to get the final 3 dues payments and will transfer finances to Sue Gallaway. I will follow up off line.

LMDC Membership in Orbis Cascade, Andrew Hersh-Tudor. I’ve has agreed to be the fiscal agent for the CTC libraries. This also means that I’ll be the single invoice to Orbis. You can have access to Greg Doyle for questions about trials and products up to the point at which we need to ask for quote or buy. That info goes to me and I ask for the formal quote. I sent a fairly detailed note to the list about what participation means, the pricing, and how it would work. We do have the invoice for the membership amount. I’m waiting for quite a few libraries to send the information that I needs so that I can send us the invoices. Myra: There are 26 participating libraries (though some are participating as districts, so not quite accurate). Is everyone clear on the memo of agreement that you will send to him, including the other necessary info and questions needing to be answered? Eric: why do you need to know our materials budget? Tim: I’m assuming that it’s so they can brag about their buying power. Andrew: I agree; I think that it is info used with the vendors for purchasing, but it doesn’t affect pricing. Mary: I have a question about campus vs. district. Is there an advantage to going in as a district? Myra: If a database comes through or sits on one server for the district, then you’re charged as one installation. That’s the case for Seattle. The FTEs is a combined FTE for all of the colleges. It’s up to you if you want to do it as a district. If you change now, we’ll have to recomputed costs. We did it the way that we have been negotiating our prices with different vendors in the past. It may be too late for us to talk about this because we’ve already divvied up the price. Talk with Andrew because he’s negotiating. Mary: so we’d be subscribing to the same dbases, and we’d have a district subscription, not individual subscription.

Tom: the FTE numbers look low for us. Tim: ours too. Myra: we used SBCTC number. The link that I gave you was the State Board report, referring to page 17. We did not include the number for Basic Skills, so the number we used you won’t see in their report.

Andrew: Back to the district question--Greg wants to deal with a single unit, which goes back to how databases are accessed. If you normally buy 2 copies for your campuses, then that’s how we’d base this. There could be a model where only one part wants it so that the whole district commits but only one pays for it. Greg has precedence for this with the libraries he deals with now; I will talk to Greg about this and get you an answer.

Myra: Thank you Andrew. This did take a lot of work. I’m so glad that Andrew agreed to be the fiscal agent for this. I thank Andrew so very much. I hope this will stretch our dollars further.

Strategic Plan, Myra. I hope that you read the two documents that I sent you. The March version includes notes the notes from Winter LMDC. The executive board met and consolidated those notes for the April version. You have before you the draft strategic plan.

Darcy: I move that we approve the plan and open for discussion. Deb: Second.
Discussion. Myra walked through the first section. Darcy: I think it is well done, but have questions about who will do the action items. Myra: it’s the entire LMDC. We need to agree that these are the goals that we need to pursue, that we need to address, and then we’ll decide how. Darcy: Maybe the action piece can be done in the summer. Myra: Do we want the board to go through another iteration before accepting? If we accept this, we can always come back to it. Darcy: We can accept it as our working document. It will change as circumstances change. Deb: I am ready to approve it. It is well written and we can work on actions and how we accomplish them during the spring/summer.

Vote to approve as proposed: 23 yeas, 0 nays. Myra pass this on to CLAMS for their conference, and see how we can discuss and partner with them. I will also talk with the executive board to see if this is the time to pass it on to the Instruction Commission. Thanks to everyone for working with us to get this done.
We are finished with the agenda.

Year in review, Myra. We in general had a great year in 2008-2009. We:
· had a great summer meeting
· completed the CINAHL subscription through Orbis
· approved the LMDC mission
· started the strategic plan (and approved it now)
· implemented the LSTA grant “Library as Instructional Leader”
· implemented virtual reference using QuestionPoint (the statistics show that it’s well-used by our students. Thanks to Cable for state funds for that.
· continued work with the State Board on request for digital resources from the legislature
· learned and used Elluminate
· we have the LMDC membership in Orbis Cascade Alliance ERP
· we continued with work and partnership with the eLearning Council.

Accreditation, Deb Gilchrist. Ron Baker sent out an email with the new draft of standards. I will forward it to LMDC list. The library section is quite different. There are some things that we might want to respond to as a group to the Northwest Accreditation, maybe as larger group including the Baccalaureate institutions. The standards are pretty skimpy. The way that the new standards are working though, is that everything is being skinnied down. I’ll just make that comment. Maybe we can have some comment online. We have until May 15 to make comments, so we’ll have to move pretty quickly. I’ll just forward those on.

Myra: who on our campuses would have gotten this email? The people who received the email were accreditation officers, so whoever receives official correspondence. Probably the presidents also. Andrew: I don’t know which other campuses are pilots, but Wenatchee is. We’re implementing that accreditation model on a compressed basis. I would love to talk to anyone about those and how to translate them into response. Donna: CBC’s a pilot also, and we just got our copy. Myra: we’re a pilot and undergoing a full visit in the fall, but this is my first time to hear about it.

Charlie: Tamara Hanken, our library manager, is leaving. She’s going to University of Nevada Las Vegas as head of technical services. We still have the money for the position, but not quite sure what we’ll do. I’d be happy to chat with anyone about it. Deb: Ann Saltis? from UW is going there also.

Thank you for the good year, and we’re looking forward to the summer meeting and another good year. Round of applause for Jennifer Dysart for her help with Elluminate.
I am officially adjourning the meeting at 3:54. Thanks a lot everyone!